Founded in 1925 by a small group of optometrists in Illinois, Beta
Sigma Kappa now has student chapters in every school and college of
optometry in the United States, with two in Canada, and one in Puerto
Rico. The Society supports the formation and activities of student
chapters and works with the schools and colleges to develop programs
that foster academic excellence.
BSK Membership Benefits:
1. Acknowledgement as an esteemed member of the profession.
2. Support of student members, including provision of cords to recognize BSK members at graduation and presentation of the BSK Silver Medal Award, an engraved award for the graduating BSK member with the highest GPA.
3. Support of student research through the BSK Student Research Grant that is awarded annually to optometry students at accredited optometry schools.
4. Support of residents and new faculty members performing research through grants awarded annually through partnerships with the American Optometric Foundation of the American Academy of Optometry and the College of Optometrist in Visual Development.
5. Receipt of the Ocularum, an annual BSK newsletter.
6. Invitation to the annual BSK Membership Meeting at the AAO meeting to interact with colleagues from across the nation and hone grant awardees.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE CURRENT OCULARUM, BSK'S YEARLY NEWSLETTER